Thursday, April 14, 2011

Wow! How time flies!

Wow! How things have changed since my last post! I started my blog in July 2009 while we waited for Finn to arrive and now he is 20 months old and we have our own little baby!
Quick run down of what has happened in the past 22 months:

2009
July:
- The entire A-Team made a trip to Disneyland to celebrate Mom & Dad A’s 35 wedding anniversary
- We experienced record breaking heat waves while Erin was 9 months pregnant
- Paul and I started house hunting for our perfect home
August:
- 17 days after his due date, Finnegan Orion, arrived on August 10th weighing 8lbs and 20 inches long
- We made a trip to Lincoln City with Mom & Dad K, Mom & Dad A, our family friends, Pat & Noel drove up from California to meet us there
- The K-Team family started their Annual Summer Camping trip at Rainbow Falls
September:
- Paul and I celebrated our 1 year Anniversary by moving into our new house
October:
- Paul and Ray made a trip to Notre Dame for the UW game and to visit Dan during his Senior year
November:
- We celebrated Thanksgiving with both families
- Mom, Erin, & I did our Annual Christmas cookie baking and even had some new guests with us – Gail and Finn.
December:
- We had our first house guests when Joe, Dan, Bryan, and Allie A came to watch West Valley High School play in the State Championships for football
- I ended up with a bad case of the Shingles and had to lie low for the first couple weeks. I was so bummed because I had such big plans on decorating the new house and really couldn’t do much.
- We had a wonderful Christmas


2010
January:
- We started the new year celebrating with friends at our house
- The A-Team headed to Florida to watch Dad A run his first Marathon at Disney World. We were so excited to get into the warm weather but unfortunately Florida was having record breaking lows and it was only in the 30’s! It was sad to check the weather back in Seattle and see that it was warmer!
February:
- After the busy holiday season we were pretty boring in February which turned out to be a good thing because we would be busy in the months to come!
March:
- My Mom and I had been working on a huge fundraiser for a family friend that had been affected by the H1N1 virus. We held a Book Sale and Spaghetti dinner. I have never seen so many books. All of our hard work paid off and we raised over $12,000!!
- We were also lucky to have a visit from Paul’s cousin Dan during his Spring Break.
- Paul and I hosted the J-Team family Annual Bunco party
April:
- WE’RE HAVING A BABY!!! On April 9th we found out that our lives would change forever and that we were expecting our first baby!
- Baseball season arrived and we celebrated Mariner’s Opening Day at the Ball Park with the J-Team
May:
- We got to hear our baby’s heartbeat and found out our estimated due date was December 14th
- I celebrated my first “Expectant” Mother’s Day
- Memorial Day weekend we visited the Andrews’ family in Spokane
June:
- My Mom and I were back to fundraising again and planned a Dinner and Auction where we raised over $18,000 to benefit our family friend
- We officially announced We’re Expecting to everyone who didn’t already know
- Celebrated Paul’s first “Expectant” Father’s Day
July:
- Celebrated all of the July birthdays (5!)
- Enjoyed the 2nd Annual K-Team camping trip to Ocean Shores (Camping and pregnant don’t always mix!)
- On July 26th, we found out that we were having a healthy baby BOY!
August:
- We celebrated Finn’s 1st birthday
- Paul and I went to Lincoln City as our last get-a-way before the baby arrived
September:
- Started getting the Baby’s nursery together
October:
- Mom, Erin, and I completed our Christmas cookie baking early this year since I would be 8 ½ months pregnant when we would typically do it
- We celebrated Baby A with my side of family and friends at a Fall Baby Shower thrown by my sister
November:
- We celebrated Baby A with the A-Team family and friends at a wonderful baby shower thrown by our sister-in-law, Christina
- We partied it up at a HUGE 50th Birthday party for our wonderful family friend Colleen!
- I was thrown a great Baby Shower at work
- We celebrated Thanksgiving with our families
December:
- Grandma Rose & Grandpa Ray land in hot water when they both decide to take trips out of town 2 weeks before Baby A is about to arrive. Lucky for them he decided to stay put
- December 13th at 8:12am we welcomed our amazing little boy, Andrew Thomas!

Now that gets you caught up through December. I should give out gold stars for everyone who made it through that! Over the next couple posts I will tell you all about Andrew’s arrival and his first couple months and then that will bring us to the present. I promise to be better about updating our blog and posting pictures. I figure that with family and friends spread all over the place this will be a great way to keep everyone up to date as to what we are up to and as Andy grows up!


No comments:

Post a Comment